Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
To Harv,

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard D. Stafford, Ph.D. on July 17, 2001 19:31:36 UTC

Harv,

Actually I do not think he is being helpful at all as what he is actually doing is implying that he has "gone through my paper with a fine toothed comb" when, in fact, he has not done so. Alex is one of the few people on this site who has the mathematical background to actually go through it carefully and I would appreciate it if he would.

If Alex would prefer to maintain his ignorance that is his own choice; however, there are others here who are well aware of Alex's abilities who lack his knowledge and training. I owe it to myself to point out when an inadequate response has been posted.

Maybe he is doing it without thinking about it, but the only result is to damage my creditability with those who cannot follow the math and I am afraid I do not appreciate that very much.

Perhaps he got my back up by so blatantly misquoting me. My comments may be harsh but I don't think I said anything which was not true.

I apologize for bringing strife to this forum.

I am sorry -- Dick

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins