Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Here's Where You Lose People

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on July 4, 2001 18:20:46 UTC

Dick,

Since, in a recent post to Harv, you expressed curiosity as to whether you lost me, let me point you to a few clues:

>> There are a lot of people who know how to apply Maxwell's equations and do so every day who haven't the slightest idea of what those equations mean. > Without the math you should not trust a thing I say! > You should not trust anything you can not understand yourself. > I don't think you knew anything of the sort! There are lot's of tourist traps in the US where "water runs uphill". The whole thing relies on the fact that the average person hasn't the slightest idea what he is talking about when he uses the word "uphill". > Define "measured". You will find that your definition requires hundreds of concepts! > until someone capable of following the math actually goes through it in detail, no competent scientist will even consider the possibility that I could be right. > That is because you haven't the slightest idea what I am doing. > I tried to explain what I did on a level you could understand but I think I have failed!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins