Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Pop Quiz

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Harvey on July 2, 2001 18:22:12 UTC

This thread is to define Dick's usage of subconscious state (SC) and conscious state (CS).

Dick, here is the pop quiz I asked about giving you. You won't be graded, however if your usage changes later then you may be required to review your answers on this quiz.

The choices for this section of the quiz is SC or CS (or 'both' if you absolutely cannot distinguish).

1) A person's shortterm memory is stored and recalled by (SC or CS)?

2) A person's longterm memory is stored and recalled by?

3) Math computation and theorem/lemma creation is done by?

4) Reading and writing is done by?

5) Analytical thinking is done by?

6) Just receiving perceptions of the world is done by?

7) Making some sense of the perceptions of the world is done by?

8) Spoken language is done by?

9) Conducting an experimental observation within science is done by?

10) Devising an experiment for later observation is done by?

11) Reviewing test results of a previous completed experiment is done by?

12) Learning is done by?

13) An 'eureka moment' is an experience of?

Here are some true (T) and false (F) questions that I would like you to answer:

14) If a scientist makes an observation and suggests a hypothesis that explains why the observation was 'this' versus 'that', then this deduction is a function of SC.

15) If a scientist is thinking - just thinking - about the observation and is aware of his/herself, then this is a function of CS.

16) If a scientist makes an argument for 'this' hypothesis versus 'that' hypothesis, then this is the CS making the argument but the data and conclusions are totally based on SC talking.

17) If a mathematician creates a mathematical theorem, and s/he gets paid mega bucks for teaching the course, then the mathematician is relaying the instruction with CS but all the content is relayed from SC.

18) The students of this math teacher are receiving the instruction with their CS, but the information is passed directly to the SC where it can be later recalled by CS from the SC storage area.

19) Whatever is recalled from SC is not reliable and there is no way possible to validate the claims of SC knowledge.

20) Tautologies are not validated but they are the only statements from SC that are evident with the CS.

21) Tautological statements are the only statements that have meaning by an individual dominated by SC contact with the world.

Dick, I'm most likely gonna need to expand upon this quiz in order to fully understand the limits of SC and CS as well understand how they relate to each other. Ideally I would like to learn exactly where and when you would label something 'SC' or 'CS' and how exactly you would decide which is which. Once my understanding is sufficient at doing this, then I think we can progress further in this topic.

Warm regards, Harv

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins