Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
More True And False

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Harvey on July 3, 2001 14:17:15 UTC

Hi Dick,

I can only hope you don't get weary of these line of questions, but I feel that I am getting closer to the core of your thoughts (why I didn't do this much earlier leaves me dumbfounded):

(T or F):

1. A statement such as "I think I am correct" is entirely SC and *not* a tautology, therefore it cannot be validated or thought of as accurate or approximately accurate.

2. Any particular non-tautological statement of reality is no more accurate (or approximately accurate) than any other non-tautological statement. This is even true for non-tautological statements that some may label religious or scientific in nature.

3. Tautological statements are understood by the SC.

4. Tautological statements are unique because they are simple enough that the CS can comprehend them the moment they are presented to the CS.

5. "Nothing is certain, not even this" (a quote from an ancient Greek skeptic).

* There's gonna be more questions, that I can be almost sure.

Warm regards, Harv

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins