Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Velocity Of The Expansion Is INCREASING

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on June 28, 2001 17:46:35 UTC

"So if there indeed was a big bang, wouldn't this mean that at the first billion years or so time was much faster, slowing down to what we have now."

One of the weird things about the universe is Dark Energy. As far as I know, no one really knows what it is, but it is causing an acceleration in the rate of expansion. Last I heard, astronomers thought that dark energy mostly inhabited the void of space, so as the universe gets larger and larger, the effect dark energy has on the expansion will get larger and larger as well.

"Also, I've always wondered if the gravity of our universe has always been the same, or if it's changed."

I can only guess, but I would think it is the same. If all the mass in our universe existed from the beginning, the gravity of the mass probably wouldn't change.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins