Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
You May Be Half Right

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mike Banks on June 26, 2001 09:13:00 UTC

It's my understanding, according to the bible, that God created this universe to act on it's own. Why would a creator need to throw a thunderbolt everytime it happened when he could just create unbreakable mathematical laws.

I'm not saying there is a creator, but much of your arguments seem to revolve around a god pushing a cloud, instead of a god creating the laws of the universe that we live by.

What about my question of infinite. Let's assume there is no creator, but the universe (or time) has been around infinite. Then that is basically saying it has taken an infinite amount of time to reach the present time, which could never be reached, because it would take forever to reach it. Would you say that time always existed or came into existence at some point in "time".

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins