Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I'll Try And Clarify

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on June 23, 2001 03:55:05 UTC

Bear in mind that my idea is entirely hacky and unreliable, first off. :)

I'll try and restate it in clearer terms. Take a typical brain. The left side is primarily deductive and reasoning, the right side is primarily sentivive and feeling. The ability to deduce as opposed to feel is a common trait among more intelligent orgamisms (larger cerebrums as opposed to early life, which had a larger cerebellum.) Early (unintelligent) life was based primarily on sensation as opposed to deduction, so they could appreciate sensation but not understand or describe it. Though the nature of the brain evolved throughout time and became more quantifying and analytical (in humans' case at least) the ability to describe and quantify feeling never arose because is was an integral part of what we evolved from (if early life developed analysis of emotion it wouldn't be able to process it due to lack of cerebral power and would also lack the "intuitive" approach to feeling (you can't have both, really) effectively rendering the organism useless)

I'm not a biologist by any stretch of the imagination, so everything I just wrote is a guess. But I think it's potentially interesting. Maybe feeling isn't inherently indescribable, it is just inherently indescribable by us. It could be different, maybe.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins