Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Transcendental Truth

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Brian E. Sloan on June 22, 2001 17:15:26 UTC

Adriana, my concept of an objective moral standard is one that is not of my own making, but rather was given to humanity via the Bible.

This IS the objective reference point by which human behaviour is judged.

The difference between me and most of my board-mates is that they want to make-up their own rules for judging human behaviour---I presume as they go along.

This is very un-PC on my part.

The glaring [I think anyway] fallacy in their argument is, that when the objective standard is rejected, the only alternative is a subjective standard. PC code-names, ammorality [essentially nothing is either moral or immoral], situational ethics which is taught in public schools as we speak, moral relativity which is just another name for the same philosophy that is essentially a perversion of Einstein's theory of relativity.

At any rate, once the objective standard is rejected in favor of the subjective, society starts down a slippery-slope of moral decay.

This PC philosophy is "enforced" through labeling anyone who doesn't subscribe to it as a "religious bigot" or "hate-monger" etc.

Not that that goes on here [at least not to a great extent], for example Tenacious and I have had many discussions in the past and he has always been tolerant of my beliefs. Unfortuantely, this is not always the case in my e-travels.

One fellow referred to me as the "anti-Christ" on another forum.

I prefer secular heretic.

Brian

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins