Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Theology

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard D. Stafford, Ph.D. on June 12, 2001 16:25:32 UTC

Bob,

You are entirely correct! The problem is that most of the people on this site think "God and Science" is the definition of theology.

I think the site is popular because it is so easy to follow a large number of posts: i.e., the software driving the site is excellent. I have in fact read all of them. Astronomy is not the driving force behind these posts.

This particular thread was created because the same type of discussions were over running the "Black hole" thread. Remember, when you are involved with a forum you are usually dealing with a very small number of people. Notice that the number of posts to this particular thread overwhelm the entire volume of posts to the other threads (when you make that comparison, you should also look at the "Black hole" posts which are also theology and philosophy) And then realize that out of some six million people using the web, you are only interacting with a couple dozen.

Most forums are not conducive to this kind of volume of exchange (i.e. the action on most forums is almost non existent). Check out the posts to the rest of the threads and you will have a better measure of the interest in astronomy.

Have Fun -- Dick (Just back from Europe!)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins