Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
You Are Correct!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard D. Stafford, Ph.D. on June 13, 2001 16:14:20 UTC

Alex,

I hope you don't think that I ignore you. I read everything you post and, for the most part, agree with everything you say; however, I personally have been trying to communicate a solution to a problem which you don't seem to understand.

Please don't feel insulted. I have not found anyone else who understands so you are not being singled out. I think that, if you could understand my concerns, you would very quickly understand the solution. I think the problem is that you are too busy fighting a different fight and I don't get the impression you want to think about the underpinnings of that fight.

To state it again (and you don't have to read any further it if you don't want to, I won't be insulted), I realized that our mental model of reality (the concepts of "time", "objects", "space", etc.) were generated via a mechanism we do not understand. -- the concepts themselves, which you presume to be "reality" --

To further complicate the problem, before this mental model existed, our senses (the source of the information on which the model is based) are not defined: i.e., not until the model is deduced, defined or created.

This means that our subconscious (I use the word because creation of a model seems to be a mental activity and it certainly wasn't a conscious effort) has created a model of reality based on a totally undefined transformation (our senses) of totally undefined information.

It has been done! It follows that the problem is solvable! That means it can be solved. I have solved that problem but find it very difficult to communicate the solution.

I thought for a long time that those who knew enough math to follow my solution were refusing to admit the problem existed and those who would admit of the problem didn't know enough math to understand the solution.

Lately I have come to believe that the difficulty is that no one comprehends the true nature of the problem. They all have the same problem you do but the others don't have the math either.

I think I really would like to talk to you on this subject -- Dick

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins