Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
'Tau' Shall Not Confuse Your Neighbor

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on May 7, 2001 18:35:04 UTC

Alex,

Isn't this funny? Since I forgot the right names for all this stuff, I have to look some things up. So I was in the middle of writing a reply to you, and it hit on me that what I was trying to talk about is known in physics as the 'tau' direction. I wasn't sure so I decided to look up the net, and to my amazement the first page I hit was about a guy saying exactly the same thing I'm saying.

You may want to look at this page, it says exactly the same thing I'm trying to say:

http://www.faqs.org/faqs/physics-faq/criticism/einstein-absurdities/section-3.html

Or perhaps this alone will do (a quote from the site):

" Einstein's derivation of the x' transform is invalid by reduction to the absurd; the transform depends on the direction of the light movement in the time term substituted for t in the X'=c*tau equation, an absolute violation of the principles of Special Relativity. It is one thing to realize that an expression in one case differs from the other, but a very different thing to let your one and only transform formula's derivation depend on an arbitrary choice of just one light direction. " (end quote)

But Einstein was not a fool, he had a problem he thought was impossible to solve, which was the lack of an absolute reference. However, he himself hinted at the solution, only failed to fully realize it. I can guarantee that a solution exists, I found it myself and it's quite possible that a lot of other people found it too.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins