Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Not Sure What Your Argument Really Is

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Aurino Souza on April 27, 2001 19:28:33 UTC

>> That's the way I took your statements, that you think that truth is either subjective or objectivity doesn't matter. If you meant them another way then I apologize. > I think we disagree on the very definition of religion. Philosophical thought, meditation, morality, inner peace, and other such things don't really qualify as religion under my definition, and if they do in yours, that may be the cause of much of our disagreements. > I do accept much of the MORAL beliefs of religion (love thy neighbor, not steal, etc.) but the basis of that morality is not religious. > I don't NEED religion for my morality, that's my point. > I disagree with you on one point: if religion is in fact a lie than it IS still useful.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins