Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Scriptural Basis For Pewrfection

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on April 22, 2001 19:29:04 UTC

I am not aware of a scriptural basis for perfection. Perhaps you could enlighten me.

As far as religion is concerned, I have tried most of them, most strongly Christainity, Judiaism and Hinduism, with readings and some practice in Buddhism and reading in Islam. For a good deal of time I was a believing atheist. Of course at the time I thought it was the only rational belief. Forty years all was chemistry. But science, which I probably have the strongest belief in, has changed since then.

I wish I were enlightened and for a time I thought that might be possible. But it'snot for me in this lifetime.

As a matter of belief, everything for me is a matter of probability. 0So off the top of my head I'll put some numbers on my beliefs, but do not hold me to them. Present a rational argument andf I will change the numbers.

I am 100% sure I exist, even if I am dreaming.
I am 98% sure that this computer exists,and that you exist. After all I could be dreaming.
I am 90% sure that electromagnetic waves exist even though they are invisible.
I am 60% sure that particles are just a mathematical approximation, even though within that approximation, it's all that we can see.
I am 70% sure that a supernatural world exists, and I am 100% sure that I hope one exists.
I am 70% sure that the supernatural world contains intelligence.
I am 70% sure that that intelligence tries to influence humans
I am 50% sure that that intelligence can create coincidence in human life.
I am 60% sure that we evolve from lifetime to lifetime, and that we can evolve into the supernatural
I am 40% sure that once in the supernatural, beingfs can continue to evolve to the extent that they appear to be gods if they return to earth in some form
I am 30% sure that such gods return to earth, but 60% sure that beings more like us return to earth in some form.

I am 90% sure that most readers have stopped reading this by now. I am 100% sure that i would have if someone else were writing it.
So it's time to stop.
But thank you for given me the opportunity to express these probablistic beliefs.
For me, only I am 100%, narsiccistic (sp?)as that sounds

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins