Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Harway, Do You Have Any Scientific Background?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alexander on April 20, 2001 19:27:32 UTC

To distinguish between a HYPOTHESIS (as I told you, string model is a hypothesis, which has nothing to do with inflation). Any TOE has to account for space inflation, because this is what happens to make Universe flat and homogenious (on a large scale).

And it is not even published in a journal yet (means it did not pass peer review yet) to talk about it and to discuss it.

As an example I can tell you that there is a hypothesis (well, authors like to call it "theory", but it is not) of 5-dimensional gravity around for a few years which wonderfully explained why gravitation is so weak force compared to all others we know. Indeed, allowing gravitons to propagate in more than 3 dimensions you dilute frequency of interactions in 3 dimensions by having extra 2 and gravity nicely unites in a kind of TOE with other forces, The "theory" was published in "Phys. Rev. Letters", in a couple of other physics journals and even was publicized in 'sensational' article in "Scientific American" (august or sept of last year, if I remember right).

But guess what - I performed some measurements which showed that the this "theory" backed by numerous publications in serious journals is incorrect - gravitons DO NOT propagate in 5 dimensions, but only in classic 3 dimensions, according to my MEASUREMENTS. If you are interested, I can give you more details on that.

So, until a hypothesis is proven, it is not even a theory yet, but just a hypothesis along with many alternative ones.

If you would have scientific background, it would help you to see the difference between theory (=proven hypothesis) and just mathematical speculations (exersizes).

Warmest regards.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins