Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
HIGHER WAYS

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Russ/">Russ on July 18, 1999 02:43:02 UTC

God is not bound by His laws. He created them. He is perfect. In order for his creations to wonder about Him. He set the universe as it is. He wanted us to see the vastness and possible infinitude of His creation. God didn't create a star at some 100 billion light-years distance and have to wait for the light to reach earth so we could see it. If that was true new stars would be appearing nightly as the light reached us. He created the universe as evidence of Him. Psalm 19 vs. 1, THE HEAVENS "DECLARE" THE GLORY OF GOD. Also from a earthly mind set. If man has been here for millions of years how come that he just learned to read and write recently, less than 6 thousand years ago. And look at the progress of the last 100 years. Why have we been so ignorant until now? Isaiah 55 vs 8-9, For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. Sounds infinite to me!!!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins