Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Can't Have It Both Ways

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Brian E. Sloan on April 11, 2001 17:19:51 UTC

I admire your intellectual honesty. In my opinion, anyone who thinks there is no need for an existential basis for reality and or a transcendental basis for morality [how could one possibly separate the two], needs to look at what is happening to society.

I am sure I will be taken to task for this, but what is happening to societial values and behaviour, is inseparable from the strangle-hold materialism has on science.

Science has become the end-all, be-all of objective thought. Regardless if it is equipped, or indeed, was ever intended to fulfill such a role. One need look no farther than the Non-Overlapping-magisteria postulated by Gould [I think?] to see the evidence of this intellectual power-play by the materialists.

Simply stated, it means that science will have a dialogue with religion, so long as religion understands it has nothing to contribute. [how could it, if all that exists is, matter, energy and physical laws?]

I see this as nothing less than a form of intellectual apartheid.

As a consequence the

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins