Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Nazareth, Did It Exist

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on April 4, 2001 12:14:44 UTC

I worked on Star Wars over twenty years before it was known by that name. That does not mean that I did not work on Satr Wars.

The village of what came to be called Nazareth existed at the time of Christ. When the New Testament authors wrote their books some hundred or so years after the time of Christ, the village had the name of Nazareth.

It seems to me that a rational approach to negating the existence of Christ should not be pinned on such meager data. It's like a house of cards built on Nazareth.

To say that a bunch of Jews made the whole thing up out of nothing is another one of the cards. In my opinion it is quite likely that a historical figure that came to be known as Christ did exist. But that his historical attributes changed over periods of time. History was rewritten. Certainly in the first 100 years after Christ. But also since then.

It's easy to see that history has been rewritten since then since the New Testament records the thinking at about 100-200 AD, and we can compare that to the present thinking in the church.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins