Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Dark Forces

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on April 1, 2001 19:43:20 UTC

I agree entirely, but with the extended view that we may not yet know all the natural laws, especially those that are at work in the realm of dark matter and energy. It seems natural(pun intended) to call these unknown forces 'Dark Forces'. For example, science has decided that there is a force associated with Color charge. Dark matter could contain other types of charges with a whole new form of chemistry. There may be a new type or types of massless particles that provide a function like the photon does in visible matter.

So its all natural law. But we know so little percentage of nature on a mass or energy basis(is there any other?), that I would like to retain the word supernatural to describe the new laws and its medium. Besides as stated before, it is my hypothesis that dark matter and energy has the properties of a Bose-Einstein Condensate(BEC) like superconductors and super fluids do; and so the use of the word 'supernatural' is a natural extension of natural law, and so it fits -if truely a BEC- quite nicely into scientific terminology.

Religion has always been based on science and cosmology. It is just that the basis is usually not modern. Most religions tend to be backward looking in that regard. But religion could be forward looking as well and used to explore the realms of science that do not preclude the principal religious beliefs. Science has certainly limited the body of religion, but has not yet reached the heart of religion, which I take to be consciousness.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins