Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Disagree Somewhat

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on March 13, 2001 21:39:27 UTC

The phrase "life after death" is not meant to be taken literally. No one I know that believes in it expects the post-death existence to be anything like the one we have now, so in that sense it can't even be considered "life." Fine. But how can you use that as an argument against postmortem consciousness? That's like saying black holes don't exist because if they did they wouldn't be holes. That's a poor argument, using a human term to restrict a theory entirely seperate from human notions. You have to realize that our terms and definitions are imperfect, especially when dealing with a completely theoretical concept. (i.e. life after death.) You can't use a subjective term to disprove the objective idea it describes, as Alex seemed to do. That's all. I don't believe in it either, but I'm always glad to attack anyone. :)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins