Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
HOW THE ANSWER IS IN THE STARS.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by TIM NAUGHTON on March 9, 2001 15:46:45 UTC

most people at some time in there life think,"what is the meaning of it all?) and this is usually connected to death.

for me, this has been puzzling for a few years now and i am forming some sort of theory, ie:

Death is the ultimate time travel machine. if you could be frozen and re-animated at a later time, you would have no recognition of the amount of time passed.
Death is connected to infinity. if the universe is infinite then time would have no end either and all things would be possible. which is to say, re incarnation is totally possible. therefore they may well be other 'you's' nocking about somewere. But i feel no connection to my other selfs.
so there must be something special to me. lets call it my life force. this life force must be unique otherwise i would maybe be able to feel connected to my other selves.
Now, this is clearly not the case so infinite options and occurances are not present in our universe.Therefore our universe in finite. Imagine a universe which is finite and has a brick wall around the boundary. What is on the other side???
Now because the universe is finite, imagine waking up immediatly after your death (your own time scale)
What would you wittness, being that your zero comprehension of time (due to being dead!) means you are at the end of time.

If there is a god,
What does he say to you when
a:the universe is finite and you will cease to exist
b:the universe is invinite and you are going to get very very bored.

Does this mean that 'god' exists in a alternate non universe. which has no time???

This is really rambling on, but my family (who i trust on this matter) has had neumerous occations when extremely wierd happenings have happened which cannot be explained be coincedence, but by another force!
Which suggests to me that there is something else "god"?
Which means i am in for a very boring time when i die!!!!

Comments appreciated.

This i feel is inextricably linked to looking up at the stars. thus my intrest in astronomy!!!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins