Notice: session_start(): ps_files_cleanup_dir: opendir(/var/lib/php5) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/astro/websites/astronomynet/htdocs/sitewide.php on line 4 Re: Some Reincarnation Ideas Produce Infinities. - an Astronomy Net God & Science Forum Message
Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Some Reincarnation Ideas Produce Infinities.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on March 9, 2001 02:16:59 UTC

These questions are hard to answer without knowing how it all works. Like are souls confined to earth? So that is why I have read scripture from all religions as well as more occult writings like the Kabbalah. When I see or read the same facts in several diffdrent places, then I presume that they have more credance.

One of the facts about souls that I have seen over and over is that there is about 80 billion souls waiting to take human bodies. That's about 13 for each one of us.

So who knows if that fact is correct or not. But it is a starting place for some considerations.

First of all, where did they all come from. The total number of human lives ever lived on the earth is probably less than 80 million. Assuming inverse square law growth of the human population and an average life span of 40 years, then the total number of lives ever is 80 billion, if we stop integrating 40 years ago when the population of the world was 2 billion.

So then there is all kinds of possible explanations for where they came from.

Here is one interesting one. Let's suppose that until recently, almost every human that ever lived is still waiting for the second chance on earth. Then we would have about 80 billion souls waiting to be born. That's cumulative over millions of years.

But now we are in an age when the number of people alive is a significant fraction of the number that ever lived. This is the age they have all been waiting for. And it's going to be, I hope, a golden age of machines doing our work, and plenty of food for everybody. And since they just discovered the gene that makes you live a long time, the time may come when all 80 billion are alive at the same time.

Well, isn't that just what the concept of resurrection promises. At some time in the future you will get another body, (maybe not yours, but by then you cannot remember what it looks like anyway), and live in a golden age of ease.

Bottom line is that I have presented a scenario that makes resurrection rather than reincarnation more realistic. I still prefer reincarnation, but with these assumption, the numbers point towards resurrection.

A mod scenario might be that the most creative people are allowed to be born over and over again in order to get to the golden age, whereas the large masses are destined to wait for resurrection.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins