Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: What About Diminishing Returns?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on March 9, 2001 18:20:09 UTC

Reincarnation can be falsified by either proving there is no afterlife, a terminal experiment at best, or in my opinion by proving that human remote sensing cannot be real. Unfortunately, such experiments are no longer being funded.

In terms of diminishing returns, I see souls as evolving from lower forms of life just as physical life has evolved. I assume that you accept physical evolution as real, and that the earth and the universe are billions of years old.

Well, I see souls as undergoing a similar evolution throughout all that time in consonance with the evolution of plants and animals. So in that context, althought some species have reached dimunishing returns, overall the advance of evolution has been towards higher forms of consciousness and intelligence. I expect that souls, if they exist, have gone through similar transformations.

I suspect that, although I have read otherwise, that other earth-like planets do not play a significant role in soul evolution on earth. In any case, I do not think they are a necessity. They may be a possibility.

And finally, of course it is all wishful thinking. But then so is string theory. Not wishing is self-limiting in both cases.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins