Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: LDS Do Not Believe In Reincarnation.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on February 21, 2001 00:39:45 UTC

I hope that it is true. If afterlife is true, another of my hopes, then it seems most logical for reincarnation to be also true so that the soul, assuming that is what survives death, has an opportunity to evolve over many lifetimes from primative forms to humans and hopefully even higher beings.

I cannot say I believe this to be true in the sense that I know it to be true. I cannot even say that I have faith in its truth.

I just expect it to be true. I see nothing in science that falsifies it. And much like dark matter and mirror matter that open up such possibilities.

So I conduct my life as if it were true. If it's not true, I'll never know the difference as I will just cease to exist when I die- not so long from now. I'm more than half way there.

And also I look to all religions and even the occult for clues as to what is the logical way to conduct my life with that truth used as an axiom.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins