Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Reincarnation Speculation Is A Diversion, Not A Truth.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by John Morgan Powell on February 22, 2001 00:12:20 UTC

I'm only a recent atheist so I'm still testing my wings and my the worldview I've come to adopt.

I have become more convinced that a lot of human effort is wasted on beliefs without support. If each of us spent as much time discovering the scientific laws of the universe and human behavior and sharing our knowledge with those around us as we do attending to religious duties and promoting unscientific views I think society would progress much faster.

If you use your speculations about reincarnation as a way to escape from the world around you, then you're not wasting your time anymore than the rest of us who read fiction, watch TV, or play computer games. On the other hand, if you promote your unsubstantiated views about reincarnation as truth, then I think you're doing society a disservice.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins