Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
R U Really Sure.....!!!!!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Yasir on February 17, 2001 09:32:07 UTC

well........
i had already commented that i wanted some more "sure" answer......just tell me...
r u an expert of religions???
hav u read all those religious books with the same keenness as u hav treated physics ...or whatever.....????
the point i want to make is....
yes ok
chinese ,greeks,romans.......all made guesses..just beliefs....some of them r today testified and well .....proved even.....
but ,....wait....
i think u r making a few misconceptions here...(if i am right).......
(1)u r in a sense falsifying the beliefs of some great ppl actually...i dont think that i need to mention that newton used to believe that all the knowledge at that time was actually the revival of the ancient greek learning....(i read it in a web page by john gribbon)
now just consider ur self at newtons place ....i dont want to talk abt that wether he was wrong or right......but one thing is for sure .that if newton could hav done that.....y not us....??? however we hav to keep in mind the fact that at newton's time ...the share of both philosophers and scientists was to an equal amount good in the development of scientific studies....
we had not stepped on the moon in einsteins time but even then he is still believed to be ...well..i dont think i need to mention furthur..i hope u understand my point....
conclusion(1)so u cant simply disgrace the worth of ancient knowledge (wehter scientific or religion)
(2)plus u actually didnt get the theme fully i guess(i may be wrong again)but
chinese,greeks ,romans are not ancient and prosperous than christians ,muslims...etc
these r the better lived prosperous and more socially stable civilizations.....so do is the knowledge of quran,bible vs that of c's,g's and r's..........
once again i doubt ur credibility over religious books and concepts.....
i mean there may be a fault in the explanation of
what we call religion...nobody knows what God is..
even the religions.DONT ELL US THAT.......except that it is something supernatural(nature implies here to the limitations of humans)............we can believe in aliens,ufos may be because we believe (scientifically)that there are other universes...
then why cant we believ in GOd(see:we dont know what it is)it may be some power....fundamental law...an equation...(just guessing) may be some physical thing independent of all the other physical quantities..(q:is every thing physical?)

well i mAy be wrong ...i am not either a great scientist or a preacher ..i am standing in front of two different paths...science and religion..
what uncomforts me is do the "same" person hav the "same" credibility/expertness(i am poor in english)over science as well as religion.....
i dont want to choose the wrong path.....
i dont....
above r just thoughts ...i may be wrong
tell me where and why i am....
u r welcome.....
and be friendly....
IAMNOTAGENIUS

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins