Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: A Perfunctory Reading

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on February 16, 2001 04:23:19 UTC

I try hard not to divert attention from the issue at hand, if I did indeed do that I did so unintentionally. I just saw it as a reaction to your argument. It's irrelevant, though.

I know I can be quite caustic at times, I should probably try to reign that in a bit. I DO need to clear the air, however. My main problem with your main points is that you seem to spend most of your time splitting hairs rather than raising any fundamental problems. Rich and Alex are arguing about Science's advantages over Religion, and both's inherent worth. You argue that Science has some degree of subjectivity. Well, so what? I don't see, honestly, what purpose such points serve other than to point out obvious things and divert the argument away from questions you cannot answer. Sometimes I find such purely hypothetical questions tiresome because they rely so much on semantics, such as your deliberations on "truth." I may be getting you wrong, it happens to me often. This is just the impression I receive.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins