Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Letting Loose And Learning From Others.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on February 7, 2001 02:21:36 UTC

I only started with one believing sister, who while devout and has a grand sense of wit, seems (to me) unreasonably sensitive even to common sense. I cannot imagine broaching evolution or anything with her. My closer sister, however (most of my family have become believers in their own times and ways)I can talk about ANYthing with, ANYthing, because we both know that not only is it basic nature to have questions, it's even encouraged by the bible 'don't be gullible, test teachings, i didn't raise no fools, i gave you minds to think, check me out and you'll see i'm good' type of stuff. i certainly didn't wanna have much to do with a God who wants dry, witless robots. what's the point? might as well be a tree.But I also know the previous generation went through some pretty harsh times where it was hard to laugh, and if you laughed when someone else was down it was considered rude. (whereas, those who are 'down' get disgusted when those who aren't 'down' don't appreciate their fortune and smile now and then, at least). perhaps that's the holdover making some serious overtones. or just too many funerals being attended in small communities it's hard to regain one's bearings cuz you get accustomed to mourning every day. i guess humor is the best revenge against satan. that's my theory. seems to work. if i'm not 'solid' enough to read a stranger's posts, then i need to reexamine just WHY i feel wrankled. (did i even spell that right?).

ANYway, i digress. sorry. you might go to my friend's site, www.whatifitstrue.org if you're wondering if you 'matter'. it says you do and why. and you can click on 'what if it isn't true', etc.

My beliefs matter only to me and continue to be under construction the more I learn (they get stronger). The world's big enough for more opinions than mine. At least that's what I read here, so it must be true. haha

Pleased to make your acquaintence. Enough about me, let's talk about you. How do you like me so far? haha I hope you can let loose here, too. I figure any question is legitimate. If a person gets frustrated with a writer, we all have our names by our posts that they can skip. There's no forcing.

Have fun. The water's warm. Hot at times. But refreshing and enlightening and challenging and rewarding - always. :)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins