Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Mental Retardation.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Alexander on February 3, 2001 22:58:42 UTC

Yes, if you DO NOT KNOW how things in the Universe work, then you probably HAVE to put god(s) behind every unfamiliar for you thing - otherwise how do you explain Sun's motion across the sky - sure, to you it is god(s) who pushes it (most likely many of them, as Sun is quite heavy).

But those who DO KNOW physics (rotation of Earth) - they noticed that there is NO NEED for god(s) here - everything goes by itself, because continuous rotation of Earth is just a consequence of angular momentum conservation law.

But How dare them to deny hard-working God(s) who daily pushes Sun around just for their enjoyment! The day of judgement shall come and god(s) start(s) to judge, (and thus the Sun stops and there will be darkness everywhere). Well, as Sun stops behind the globe, then on the other side of the Globe there will be quite hell as heats builds up. Oh, sorry, I forgot that the Earth is flat -there is no "other side"! Hallilyja. Well, wait a minute - if it is flat, there HAS to be other side! Hm, but how those folks down under stand - they should all fall down! So, there is NO folks on the other side then. Good, because there will be noone enjoying sunlight when the Judgement Day comes. But how will Them (gods) judge in the darkness by the way? OK, then Them stop pushing Sun when Sun is over THIS my side! Well, then it will be too hot in a few days and we all die! What did I do to be killed? Lately I parked on handicap stall - so now is the time to pay! But I do not want to die, so God please forgive me (pathetic, huh?).

Of course, you have right to NOT know how things work - it is holy constitutional right to remain ignorant, and everyone should respects the rights of ignorants to believe in god(s), ghost(s), resurrection(s), 6000-year old Earth, flat Earth, Judgement Day, miracles, etc etc.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins