Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: Maybe If Put This Way

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on February 3, 2001 20:13:20 UTC

'if everything in the Universe goes by itself, where is presence of God(s)?' He invented it and engineered its 'perpetual motion'. Would a child be right in assuming that the food in the fridge and the electricity that feeds his Nintendo are just there without help and plan of a more powerful human?

The statement 'logic and faith are mutually exclusive things' can be posted a million times daily and i still won't be convinced of it. certainly one forum does not represent the beliefs of an entire world.

Have you ever even read any of the bible, esp. the New Testament? Is there a reason, to you, that I should doubt when it says 'you were designed with great things in mind, you are of value, don't fret about folks who can harm the body but can't touch your soul, the tiniest belief that god is possible is a first step to wisdom', etc etc.

Maybe i need clarification on your definition of 'religion' (which, to me, is different than simply believing). I HAVE experimented in many ways and found my belief system steadfast so far. But i also am not fool enough to believe that it would be simple to explain in a few sentences the relationship i've had build over a decade. i'd probably bore the snot right out of you. :) i think you'll find a post from me either on this first section or in the 'next 30' titled 'i believe because i'm demanding'.

shortness in experimenting may also be explained by the fact that life happens while we're wishing we had more time to pursue things; do i want to keep to my studies and experiments or put the knowledge into action, esp. when urgent? if someone has a problem with such choices, well, i guess it's their loss. others are still interested. if science is methodical study and proof that patterns exist, there have been a bunch of those, too. but one has to convince me of the 'usefulness' and 'logic' of idly demanding accounts when there is no genuine interest. as with science, so with a relationship - discretion is the better part of wisdom, making the best use of one's tiny bit of time on this side of the grave.

We'll have to agree to disagree, because I very much believe in the possibility of the things that you say are 'wrong', simply because you haven't experienced them yourself.

Are you speaking out of both sides of your mouth when you appear to be presenting to me 'everything in the bible is wrong' and 'why doesn't it say HOW Adam was made'; IF it said how he was made anyway, it would be a waste of paper to those who believe the whole book wrong. And it's of little consequence to go into such detail when the obvious ones are missed: 'don't hurt people, don't steal', etc etc. You know? Maybe God figured that what WAS written was enough to chew on til the end of time. I dunno, I wasn't personally there (don't let my metallic hair fool ya). :)

Would you please name some of 'all those wrong statements' in the bible to which you refer?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins