Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Let's Start With The Basics, Ok?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on February 4, 2001 14:39:47 UTC

Not only have I NEVER said I don't believe anything science comes up with is valid, I have posted MANY times (and NOT always gotten a RESPONSE from you, so who knows if you ignored me or neglected to notice): WHAT we measure via science was put into PLACE/INVENTED/ENGINEERED by God in such a way as to be automatic, what we call "the LAW".

As to yours: Why do you keep mentioning to me all the smart textbook facts you can cite - why do I even MATTER to you? or this god and science forum? Sometimes it seems like you're using 'science' to hide from the fact that you're starting to hear God's whispering in your heart but you're too afraid to stop and listen, so you busy yourself with verbal jousts with me rather than speak with Him directly about your questions.

For Einstein's theories, you look up Einstein. For Shroedinger's, you look him up. So WHY, despite repeated postings, do you ignore 'for things of men, consult men, for things of God, consult Him'?

I like a reasonable mind volley as much as anyone else, with those who don't take the stance that they know everything and that everyone is else retarded. By your post, you're not really interested in the answers to questions you posted to me. It seems you want to show the 'big dogs' here how smart you are and are using me as a doormat to entry onto their porch. Post a new thread with my name on it if you really, truly, want to speak with me. You have failed to prove you do. You're much smarter than me with physics, etc, but not in other realms probably. Until you have interest in speaking courteously, human to human, however, I don't know that we have much else to discuss.

You can repeat all the facts you want, if it serves you to prove you know something. But you don't have to impress me. Maybe someday you'll understand the very basics I've been posting, which seem to go RIGHT out the window because certain people don't even (seem to)want to contemplate them. And that's fine, that's choice. I just wonder what you're trying to hide. But, I suppose that's your business.

Out of fairness, I will answer some of your questions here:

How do I think TV's and computers work? They are instruments designed by MAN which harness the rules of science/electricity/light/etc which GOD originally engineered. If computers work perfectly more than 70% of the time, you and I both know that IS a miracle!

Since you adamantly argue against any value of info from the bible, dismissing it empirically as all wrong (and what are the scientific "chances" of that?), then what do you care WHAT it explains or even if it DOES contradict? Or maybe you haven't gotten to the part that says 'Trust ME'. NOT 'trust everything everyone says ABOUT me'.

Where do drugs come from? Let's see, I think scientists use WHAT OCCURS already, or MANIPULATE what's ALREADY around. Yes, the elemental source is "The Almighty"; man has his devices on what he does with what he's given.

Hooray for mankind, who has invented many things that make life easier using scientific laws and elemental materials that have been here before they were born. I didn't say man is not ingenious. I'm saying he wasn't the first, and is arrogant to believe so. I don't know where I EVER gave you the impression that I take humans out of the picture at all and God takes over what man invents; He makes POSSIBLE the invention by giving ample resources and intelligence with which man toils. So you can drop that little stereotypical 'religious' baloney anytime.

Haha. Yeah, all the folks who came before were neanderthals, look what we do now, just out of the blue, with no former groundwork. Nice. What century indeed. Mark your own words for when you're 50 and hope they don't return to bite your butt by some arrogant youngster who implies that nothing you ever did was of any value to make the contemporary things possible. If you learn grace now, it may be to your advantage. If you choose to ignore it, do it at your own risk.

Yeah, I seem to recall seeing a man land on the moon the first time during summer recreation and we gathered at the school where they had a black and white tv. So that was true? guess I better check my almanac... but it may take awhile cuz i has ta lun hah ta read, i reckon.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins