Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: What Is

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on February 3, 2001 15:19:33 UTC

Re: 100% of all there is to know, I believe there IS, and God knows it. We continue to find out things there are to know, so WE don't know it all - otherwise, we could sit back with our books, breathe a huge sigh of relief, and say, as He did, 'There. Now, THAT's GOOD.' So, at least we agree on the very end of that one, and can agree to disagree on the first part.

I don't agree that the 'rules of the game' that are understood mean there is no life after death. I also have this funny feeling, for some reason, that it's POSSIBLE that a dead person has enough brain activity to register one's last words to them and we simply don't have instruments sensitive enough (yet) to measure that. but that's a whole 'nother theory! haha just like it was only fairly 'recently' we discovered people in comas can hear and 'register' sporadically.

I think God is as small and as 'big' as there is to be.

Re: existence of first human(s): I believe God's ingenious enough to make it happen either spontaneously (creation) or creation through His physical laws/green slime. Maybe he DID do it through evolution but thought it more polite to call it creation, cuz humans so often already don't figure they're worth much, sometimes. I agree that it is folly to say all/much of science and its findings are wrong.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins