Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Yeah, Maybe That Wasn't The Best Choice Of Words

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mario Dovalina on January 27, 2001 19:36:38 UTC

"that part about personal 'weakness'? I wonder if a more accurate, uh, observation (?) or question would be like 'that person is placing great confidence in something unseen, which is a HUGE RISK'."

Yeah, that didn't come out exactly the way I intended it. I like your definition, but what I meant to say wasn't "weakness" but rather "desperation." Sorry 'bout that :) I think you get what I mean though.

"i wonder what it is about knowing of another's trust in god that makes us edgy (it did, me, too in the past). "

I think I know what it is, it's the fear that I'll get sucked in and become everything I've always fought against. I've seen it happen to so many people.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins