Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Oh! And Maybe...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on January 27, 2001 03:32:16 UTC

i just re-read the post. that part about personal 'weakness'? I wonder if a more accurate, uh, observation (?) or question would be like 'that person is placing great confidence in something unseen, which is a HUGE RISK'. like sending lotsa money to the first stockbroker in the yellow pages without checking into their credentials before investing trust and energy, right? but we figure 'well, if they're gonna go ahead, oh well, they'll learn if they're burned.' and when they DON'T get burned, we trust their experience more than we trust a person who says go to that guy in the yellow pages i heard about (but never acted with). see what i'm saying?

i wonder what it is about knowing of another's trust in god that makes us edgy (it did, me, too in the past). maybe 'the higher the risk, the harder the fall and who can comfort one who falls that far in disappointment when it's hard enough to comfort a teething baby'?

Plus, maybe living with the force of gravity predisposes us to hesitate reaching 'way up' when there's nothing visible to hold onto and the only logical consequence is that we WILL 'fall'? jesus coulda settled for doing all sorts of miracles and then fading away, so it makes me wonder if his death and resurrection were his way of showing that what WE perceive as an end/gravity is prevailed over because he used action to defy it? hmmmm.

a baby is nurtured to the extreme in the womb, such a great place, and probably a struggle in the transition to breathing air, but in the design of things, isn't it its very birth that leads to life, that the nurture time is finite (not designed for indefinite habitation), and therefore the womb would end in death?

thanks for the food for thought. betcha didn't think that one phrase would lead me to do all this thinkin', didja? haha! hope i didn't bore you while i typed in mind-stream...(:=)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins