Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
The Constitution And Bill Of Rights I Think?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phil.o.sofir on May 6, 1999 17:49:31 UTC

: : We are far from perfection, in my opinion. But I maintain we have a good foundation. Do you know what I was referring to as the major problem with our country. The thing that has influence over what freedom we have. The thing that empowers some, and enslaves othes.

: H

: PS: It would be great to meet some of you regulars in person. Ton, Phil.o.sophir, and Nate have been posting messages since I started. Greg Armel and a couple others are also pretty much regulars. Just for a little background information on myself.

: I am a 22 year old male, single. I recieved my BS in Finance in December, 1998. I am a United States citizen (born and raised), and have lived from California to South Carolina to Ohio. I currently reside in Ohio. I was raised a Christian, but am now an atheist. Short term plans are to make a living and persue a masters degree. I would like to obtain a PhD and become a college professor in business or philosophy when I am older.

_________________ ***I would imagine the foundations are our constitution and bill of rights, but the "main" problem I am not so sure of what you were reffering to, mabey the way in which these have been manipulated to allow for the levels of devience from individual to corperate and governmental? Or the way in which our government operates in accordance with economic intrests over and above matters of individual and familial soverienty, and even in respect to "interests" of national security as applied to the desires of the owners of the means of production...

Some about myself:

33, male, married 12 yrs, daughter 8, son 5, about to graduate w/BA in Social Science, minors in Psyc and soci, planning on pursuit of PhD. in Philosophy with a strong intrest in global structuring of the coming age of mass enlightenment, and a single system of governance and reciprocial economy... Athiest, ex-Christian, doing a study on social pressures as experianced by non-believers in this area of the Bible-belt (McNair Scholars Program), 8 yr Navy Vet, like dirt bikes, guns, beer, new ideas, self defense, building on the house, playing with my children and showing them the variety of life at its styles... Born in Queens, raised in the Virgin Islands, Hawaii, and the all the southeastern states, Fl. Ga. Al. Tn. Md. Va. Wv. Dc. and have ben to Catholic, military, communal, public, and home schooling, ending up with a GED< Think life is pretty good but miss the exitement of my youth, feel confined/old routine... Would like to meet ya'll sometime. One of the aims of my study is to find out if there is sufficent intrest in creating a support (for non-believers/freindship (for freethinkers) group in this area. Anyway, I really enjoy the interaction here, sort of a halfway loner, few very close friends, many aquintences... I've probably gone overboard again, so I'll close before I make a bigger fool of myself, Later!

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins