Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A Forum For Discussion

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Jim Schings on January 16, 2001 03:06:43 UTC

>I think you or somebody said that they get to heaven faster without so much technology.<

Yes. My point was that without technology the average life expectancy would drop back to 40 years or so. So, you die earlier. Since I don't believe in heaven, I don't really think there is any gain to dieing early.

>is the best insurance for not having to come back again to make up for them.<

Since I don't believe in reincarnation or karma either, this doesn't really mean anything to me.

>So technology delays your trip to heaven, but is likely to increase the chances of your staying there, if that is your objective.<

Assuming there IS a heaven and reincarnation.

>Many of us chose to come back because this is where the action is.<

If my bet is right, this is the ONLY place where there is any action.

You say "chose" to come back? You mean you were here before? How do you know that?

Jim

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins