Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Brad, That Is Bad Logic...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Brad on April 29, 1999 02:12:41 UTC

: : : So then what do you believe in? that in a infinite change that the universe was created by mistake It can nearly bearly ever happen THIS is the percentile it will happen (.0000000000000000000000infinite000000000000000000infinite000000000000001

: : I don't know where you got your numbers but that percent really dosn't matter anyway. Reason being, infinite time! No matter what the percent if it has infinite amount of time for it to happen sooner or later it will.

: Your right in suggesting that numbers are irrelevant, : but consider your arguement more closely.

: I've done great study with infinitism; whether it : is possible to have an "actual" infinity exist in : space time. It is not. It is, however, possible to : have a "potential" infinity in existance within the : realm of time.

: Time cannot allow for an infinite amount of itself. : This would be like trying to jump out of a bottomless : pit. (speaking from cosmological origins)

: Remember that if the universe was created somewhere : on your infinite time line, then the universe would : also have ceased to exist an eternity ago...

: -nåte

Yes, I sort of understand, but I thought that time itself could be infinite. Reason being, it makes up what we call space time. Wouldn't some kind of space and some kind of time have to of always existed for it to exist at all? Or could you just say that there would be enough time for it to happen because time is close to infinite?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins