Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: Re: God And Buddha...........

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on December 7, 2000 12:39:26 UTC

Dear Glenn,

I see many words but not many answers.

Regarding the daughter, you failed to mention that she turned into a man before she became enlightened. Which proves that women cannot do it, according to the Buddha.

And regarding Buddhaland, you never really said why women are not allowed there. Frankly I expect the next Buddha who should as well be the Messiah and the second Christ to be a women, so once and for all we can dispense with these ancient mistaken beliefs.

To say that 600 BCE was a time when women were not given much consideration is to imply that the Buddha was a victim of his times. I think enlightenment should be universal in space and time. Christ certainly had the right idea oabout women. Not so sure that Islam does. Hinduism does, but there is so much variation in Hinduism that there may be sects that put down women. But worship of the Goddess is very strong in Hinduism

I think a religions treatment of women is a good way to judge how backwards the religion is. For example my Guru is a woman. I have friends who are women Ministers, but no women priests. And where I live a nun was just kicked out of her home for assisting at a Baptism. There are women Reform Rabbis, but the orthodox still separate men and women in worship. Anyone want to comment on these thoughts?

As always,

Richard

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins