Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: How Buddhism Views The Causality....KARMA( PART 2)2)

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on November 25, 2000 21:25:55 UTC

Many things were clarified very well, thank you for applying the time and energy in the effort.

I can easily imagine the ongoing life harmony that might exist if insight and understanding of all the interrelationships within life were acknowledged and respected by Buddhists; by all peoples of all religions, for that matter.

I am failing, however, to see what hope can be promised for 'total happiness', if the definition of it includes peace (absolute absence of negativity from inside or outside). it would seem that even if the earth were demolished and all humans/life forms were converted to pure energy, the assaults by 'unenlightened' would continue to interfere with the peace-seeking 'enlightened' ones; the enlightened would forever continue to be at the mercies of those who are either ignorant of or choose to ignore the influence they have on others. It seems to me the perpetuation of adversities would make the potential for 'happiness' a finite thing, dependent on the presence/absence of conflict, if there is no set time/space when all beings can be expected to co-exist in total recognition of - and respect for - others around them.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins