Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: Re: How Buddhism Views The Causality....KARMA( PART 2)2)

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Richard Ruquist on November 26, 2000 17:06:33 UTC

The above post of mahasattva suggests that it is only the alaya consciousness that survives death. Am I to assume from that text that not even the rational consciousness survives death. If so then my present awareness which is based on the rational consciousness plus all lower levels will cease to exist upon death.

I would expect that to happen upon rebirth for I have no memory of any prior existence. But if it happens upon death then as far as I am concerned, the I being my present awareness, I will cease to exist upon death.

My hope is that you are incorrect and that at least my rational consciousness, my sense of identity and my memories of life will survive my death. Then in death I will begin to prepare for rebirth where I will lose my memory, my rationality and my identity- the so-called second death and rebirth.

My view of salvation is when an individual attains sufficient spiritual development to choose whether to stay in the supernatural state or to re-enter the physical state. Really advanced beings are able to remember their past lives after rebirth. But most of us who choose rebirth also choose to lose consciousness of our true identity.

If you choose to remain in the supernatural, you can live in peace without adversity in a medium that does not require energy for sustenance. But many continue life after life to choose rebirth and a life full of adversity in order to further contribute to the evolution of consciousness and intelligence on earth.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins