Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: Seems

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on November 23, 2000 00:48:02 UTC

I was referring to God when I said 'him'. You asked 'where is it' - where is what? the passage about his promise that what is hidden will be revealed?

'Basis of my faith'. Maybe an analogy will be helpful before I 'expound' (you sound world-wise, so I think i don't have to explain the analogy at ALL). Imagine. There you're crouched, trying to lift a heavy load. The tv is going, the phone is ringing. All sorts of talk. There are some people nearby who don't even look. Then someone comes up, introduces himself, and puts out a hand to lift away the burden. This is why the most memorable person is going to be not the one who talks loudest, but the one who lightly touches and says nothing.

It's not the information. It's not the sound of voices. It's the physical 'intervention'of someone that makes all the difference.

I was in that position exactly. And when we lived in a tent in winter because that's all we could do in order to see a family member, and there were nights so cold i wasn't sure i'd be alive in the morning, it pretty well illustrated that if stupid, failing moi could be capable of loving someone they hadn't met THAT much, then surely the one who put the planets in their place and gave me a sense of humor that preserved me HAD to be big enough and strong enough to create, preserve, defy death, etc etc. Frankly, if he was just a nice dream, so be it. But I'm not willing to turn my soul away in that bet and waste all the good that has happened. ;)

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins