Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: We Need A Subject, Here Is One.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Rich on November 19, 2000 20:07:48 UTC

How do I feel on the subject? Well, don't really believe in the big pie in the sky theory. So my opinion is kinda not there for it doesn't exist. No where in the bible does it say that such an acton is forbidden. The bible does not speak out on cloning, but Christians moan about that. Some Christians, Mormons, don't drink coffee! That's not in the bible. Mormons eat pork, but pigs don't chew the cud, so they are forbidden in the bible. Galileo said the sun was the center of the solar system. The church was against that knowledge. I think the church and christians are just against science because they are expecting a certain comfortness from science that it can not give that only their religion can give. And whenever they can make an exception, Christians will do so. There are Christians against homosexual sex. But these same Christians perform in acts of oral and anal sex. All three which are prohibited in the bible.
Christianity is an a la carte religion. Take the parts you want and get salvation by dessert.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins