Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Let's See...

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on November 20, 2000 02:27:58 UTC

i'll try to be brief (yuh, right!):
'The bible does not speak out on cloning, but Christians moan about that.' (i don't think christians are different than other populace that cringes to think of what science is going to do to them next - we went from splitting atoms to bombing people - seems some confuse science in general with bad intent in general, and they're not always the same).

'Some Christians, Mormons, don't drink coffee!' - that's probably an email conversation right there! :)

'Mormons eat pork, but pigs don't chew the cud'. That goes back to the OT, and considering they were instructed on how to STERILIZE things with fire or boiling water in Leviticus (gee, where did civilization stray for years), it was probably more a food preservation/safety issue. The NT says (again, my paraphrasing) for crying out loud, you pride yourselves on how 'clean' your diet is, which goes into the sewer, but you have no concern for how clean your conscience is. get with the program. even in the OT when they were torching lotsa animals as sacrifices god said that's great, but what i'd reallllllyyy like is if you'd love kindness and justice and play nice together instead of making me yell up to your rooms all the time.

'Galileo said the sun was the center of the solar system. The church was against that knowledge.' sometimes there's just no figuring the early church, sorry.

Science is merely a big variety of inquisitive people finding out some reallllly cool stuff. but if you're not a paid scientist, then it doesn't put food on the table, and sometimes people put that practicality before lofty pursuits. and not all churches or christians are the same, believe it or not. i differ greatly from one of my siblings, and am very similar to another.

'There are Christians against homosexual sex. But these same Christians perform in acts of oral and anal sex.' can you tell me where the last two are prohibited? i know about the first one. it seems to me the first one is because it ties the biological 'hands' in going forth and multiplying.

'Christianity is an a la carte religion.' i'm afraid it seems just that way. my apologies for anyone and everyone who has failed to see how their words and deeds reflect on those who inquire. including my failures. i hope you will forgive me. thanks for your time. g

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins