Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Cool!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by GwynJ on November 19, 2000 01:23:03 UTC

indeed, many observatory techniques have developed over the centuries - my awe comes from knowing they were not discovered at the time Job was written. perhaps we take for granted the things we learn as if those in the past also know them. you sound very experienced in astronomy, so i am glad you are willing to respond (and hope you continue). Can you likewise elaborate on the earlier part of the verse (Job 38:31) 'Can you bind the chains of the Pleiades, Or loose the cords of Orion?' I find it interesting that 'chains' are expressed for one and 'cords' for the other. Can you possibly enlighten me on the physical differences, if they're known? (btw, no, i'm not a bible-thumping fool, i simply find it interesting the geological and astronomical things are included instead of the 'easy way out' of 'hey, look at me, i'm god, and that's all you need to know'). thanks, again, for your time! g

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins