Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: God Science & Other Beings. . .

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Phil.O.Sofir on November 11, 2000 00:43:21 UTC

One reason I like the internet is the semi-control one has over thier own identity, this is a major right for many people at most sites.
Of course one does not fool oneself into false feelings of total security, but it is good enough for most, our web masters probably know who we are, fact is, I don't want to know your real name, and if you supposedly gave it, for what?
If you notice, there is a lapse time for many posts, I would imagine this is a program to ensure no really bad stuff is posted, threats etc... and is probably activated by certain words/phrases or unknowns for holding until they are deemed acceptable and appropriate. If this is the case, I am for it, I have never tested it.

You mentioned earier that this site is good for all of us "under god", but you seem to be forgeting that there are many who do not consider themselves under such a thing, especially when they do not even believe in the concept.
Anyhow, I hardly consider myself under even mans law, which can have undesirable concequences if you flaunt it in the authorities faces by openly aggressive rebellion agaist the current law.

In my previous post in this thread I assumed you were saying that we were not being openly contacted by extraterrestial/supernatural beings
because we were a generally immoral life form,
which in fact is somewhat truthful. Our wars, pollution and killing off of a large portion of earths plant/animal life for the sake of a single species is our almost viruslike legacy when viewed from possible points of view of visitors.
It would be understandable if it were based upon survival, but a very large portion of it arises from our need of power, asthetics and luxury.
And I imagine they would see Ethiopians, and understand the pityful reasoning of those who
pretend they are trying to do something about it.
There are some who see the big picture, and are trying to stop/reverse the current direction.

Then you mention sins of immorality, sex before marriage, the use of drugs, and then going on to say that morality is living the best you can without infringing upon the rights of others.
Taking care of your family and treating others as you want them to treat you goes without saying, it is natural, unless there is too much outside infuence over how you chose to raise a family.
Currently there are those who have a different way of living and enjoying life, without laws about how and when they may have sex, or use a drug and have others tell them they may not do these things because they are religious sins which are converted into mans law which is nothing more than infringing thier rights.

So to many it is not "plain to see" because being obediant to god is nothing more than being obediant to men in power who have created these laws which they then do not follow themselves, thus, others opinions are being forced upon them.

Where are these gods? So I can ask them questions.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins