Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: God`s Inexistence

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by John Rohde on October 22, 2000 18:33:40 UTC

You`re right God is the quickest answer to many questions that face us in life. And its often easiest to blame or reward God with the creation or destruction of something. But the truth is that God is not the simpilest answer, It is a long process to "make-up" God. You have to start with a beginning and an end. Have explanations for the present day and everything inbetween. I just want to know how people could so blinding devote their entire life to the making of false ideas into a "realistic" explanation of the universe...
I have a guess though... Its simply the enviroment. If your parents start the idea of god in your head you are unlimited in what you can make up for him or have him responsible for. Its like someone telling a child about monsters or dinosaurs. (there behavior ["dino`s"] can not be seen and is not documented) so the child just makes up stories with beginnings and ends and everything inbetween including, Explanations on how a dinosaur could right now be in his`or`her back yard.
Its all about explanations, one side is right one side is wrong... Everyone probably has a concrete decision of what they believe and they will not change that anytime soon.

Enviroment "starts" a veiw of God.
If you "change" you`re stance from one side to the other its usually not because someone told you something but rather because you WANTed to
switch sides (one makes more sense or has more evidence) I just think that alot of people that believe in God have for so long that to stop they`d have to admit that their parents were wrong (or at least unintentionaly taught the wrong info because thats all there was at the time) And if your parents were wrong about that, what else... and that "scares" people into staying faithful to a "god". Of course everyone will deny that but i know thats why it took me 4 years to have total faith in science. And when i finally confronted my parents they told me that church was only an instrument they used for moral teaching and they admitted that religion (organized) had several flaws and even faith alone in God should be seriously questioned.
Be honest with your self... why do you believe what you believe????

chuck

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins