Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: RE: God`s Inexistence

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by RaVeN on October 22, 2000 23:35:49 UTC

I agree to most everything you have said Chuck. Environment is definitely the reason most people believe in their certain beliefs. An example of this is our own world, so many religeons and so many different religeous beliefs spread out across a large area but locally condensed in smaller areas-countries etc. I myself are by tyour side in your beliefs i am a man of science, and my mom and especially my grand-parents are religeous. However my father never tried to push anyting upon me as what has happened throughout our human existance. My father let me figure things out for myself. I have like almost all other people of science come to terms with the fact that not everything can be explained and proven at this point. Fundamentally religeous beliefs have only been created and followed by those who needed answers to their questions. The Question is not whether each answer is more or less complicated but what is the truth??? Fundamentally I feel very sorry for many very religeous people who have become terrified into sticking with their beliefs in fear of the devil and hell, not just fear of collapsing what they have learned by others etc.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins