Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: Happy New Year

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by bzrd on October 1, 2000 01:02:37 UTC

Happy New Year to you, Yanniru. The New Testament represents the New [blood]Covenant introduced by Christ Himself. Believers in Christ are released from the bondage of the Mosaic law of the OT. Though the principles of the law [what constitutes sin] never changes [bad news for the social relativists] we no longer have to slaughter an unblemished lamb for the atonement of sin. We are cleansed by the "blood of the Lamb". I have never read a biblical commentary that supports this, but I think the purpose of the "Law" was to demonstrate to humanity the utter hopeless of attaining righteousness through the law. It is an impossibility. It can only be attained through faith, in the Blood. Who was the first person to demonstrate this faith? The criminal who was hung on the cross adjacent to Jesus. He had no works to offer, yet, through faith, he was able to "see Paradise" with Jesus. I am not sure what it is you are referring to, in terms of the NT contradicting the OT with regard to Creation.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins