Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Judge Not Lest Ye Be Judged

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by S.H. Le on September 29, 2000 21:34:50 UTC

This is kind of unrelated, but you brought up an interesting point about judgements.

What`s wrong with judging? As human beings we make judgements all the time. I really enjoyed "American Beauty", is a judgement.

As an atheist i inevitably encounter the ever popular arguments "Who are you to question god?" or "our knowledge at the present time is far too miniscule compared to what we don`t know... how can you judge god?"

It should be pointed out that everybody judges God, except perhaps the agnostic (who chooses to not choose). The only difference is theists for the most part make a positive judgement about God, where atheists make a negative one. Truly, if one were to be entirely objective on the matter and not judge, then one would be just as unjustified to making a positive judgement, as one would be in making a negative one, especially seeing as "our knowledge is so miniscule".

So i say, judge and be judged, because it`s inevitable and I am overly pragmatic. Happy new year.

P.S. I just got a bit of free time recently, so i`m posting alot more than usual. Although few probably have the patiencs to go through my giant postings of heresy and grammatical errors, thank you all for reminding me how fun it is. Cheers.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins