Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Could Black Holes Just Be An Object Headed For Us?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by lyatesfish@aol.com on September 26, 2000 00:54:55 UTC

Could it be possible that what we percieve as black holes in space could just be an abject, non reflecting "easily if round" traveling toward us and covering "or blocking out" objects behind us thus looking as though sucking them in? I do not profess to be an experienced astronomer but it seems very logical to me if an object of any size related to it`s background, travelling toward us from a distance would look at a distance as though it was engulfing everything. An example would be to take a black ball at the end of the room held by a string advanced forward in front of a blackboard dotted with chalk to represent stars. As the ball was advanced forward, more and more of the stars would dissapear. It may sound simple but to me it makes all the sense in the world to explain black holes. Could it be possible that black holes are only asteroids or maybe even intelligent objects headed our way?

If truly headed our way, how big would they be if we really did the calculating? And could they be the reason world governments are now joining forces to search space for asteroids and develop defense systems for protecting us from asteroids or maybe intelligent beings coming our way?
If anyone can help me believe otherwise I would love to hear a better explanation.

Lance Yates

email= lyatesfish@aol.com

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins