Back to Home

God & Science Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | God and Science | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
(Cont)

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Michael Wright on August 2, 2000 23:44:45 UTC

To make myself clear, I will define "faith" as I am using it in this and in my previous post.
If you believe that Jesus died for man`s sins, you have faith. If you believe that God exists and that heaven and hell exist, you have faith.
Parallels can be drawn to any religion, and if I were more learned in theology, then I would gladly provide them.
I will continue where I left off last night...
Many people ask this question to themselves- "Would it suffice to be good to fellow man and to live a good life, or must I devote myself to Jesus or to God or to some other higher power?" I have asked myself this question over and over throughout the years and I have not yet found an an answer.
I have said that I cannot, or have not made that "leap of faith;" does that condemn me to hell? I believe the Lutherans believe in predestination, if I am not able to believe in Jesus, was I predestined to go to hell?
Don`t get me wrong - I have meditated and tried to envision a higher being. I have tried to believe, to have faith. I just cannot. So what then?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins